Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 3 of intensified consolidation

These past few weeks have been good. Her pain has been very minimal and she has had no side effects to the chemo she has received thus far. Counts have started to drop and today she needed platelets. But her ANC has been good and that's awesome! She has been mostly like a normal little girl, minus all the medicine and clinic visits. Tomorrow is her last lumbar puncture until the next phase. Yay! No more being put to sleep! She is finally beginning to like the nurses. Now instead of walking with a frown she smiles and laughs with them. It's so good to hear. Even accessing her port is getting easier. Before she would cry when I put the numbing cream on and cry as soon as we walked into the clinic. Now she let's me put the cream on and doesn't fight me getting out of the car. This new reality sucks but at least it's getting a little easier for her. 6 more weeks til the next bone marrow aspiration and the next test to tell us if she is finally in remission.


"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." ~Hebrews 10:23

2 comments:

  1. I found out about Bella through my Auntie Mely Totaan's Facebook. God is good, all the time. Stay strong and never lose hope. You will get through this. I will include Bella and your family in my prayers. What a beautiful child of God, she is. Indeed, "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, how cute, look at her posing :) SO Bella. 6 weeks can't come fast enough! I love you guys sitter.

    ReplyDelete