Saturday, June 30, 2012

Admittance to the hospital

3am and I'm scrambling. I am not sure what to do. Both kids are sleeping. My husband is out of town. The first thing I do is call my mom and of course I'm bawling my eyes out. I choke out what the doctor has said and I believe she goes into shock. She just says where is Leo? Call him and have him catch the first flight home. She said she would head straight down. She lives in Show Low which is a 3 hour drive. I called Leo and just said babe the doctor called and it's really bad. I didn't go into details because I know him and how over protective he is of our babies. Not to mention his long flight home from Chicago. I grab some diapers for Gabbi, my phone charger and I load the kids up. I call my sister Jess to have her meet me at the Banner Desert ER where the doctor has already called to let them know we are on our way. We arrive around 330. We are in the waiting room for a total of maybe 5 minutes where they take us into an exam room. They tell me they need to do another set of blood tests to confirm there was no lab error. Thankfully my sister and her husband show up so they are able to take Gabbi in the hall. This time the drawing of the blood was awful. They had to pin her down and hold her why they inserted the iv in her hand. We waited for results for a good long while. Around 5, closer to 6 the E.R. Doctor came back in and said her platelets were now at 17k which went down even more from the blood test 12 hours earlier. He said we will be admitting her to the hospital. They came and got her around 7 where they took us up to the 7th floor. The oncology ward. At this point I knew it was most likely a leukemia. The question was what type.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified Because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment